st: newbie question

From   George Marcus <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: newbie question
Date   Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:30:01 -0400

I am just starting with Stata (version 8). I want to use the Data Describe command to list all the variables in a data set with many variables (well over 100). This would enable me to generate a nice codebook (variable names, value labels, and frequency distributions). I get the results in the Viewer. But, I want to save the results into a text file and the viewer only holds a portion of the resulting command (if I click on more it scrolls down but then looses the earliest variables). How do I can a listing of all the variables generated by the command into a single comprehensive file?

thanks,
George E. Marcus
<>--<>--<>--<>-<>--<>--<>
Prof. George E. Marcus