st: RE: Paid private consultancy. Was: The public and the private

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Paid private consultancy. Was: The public and the private
Date   Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:31:48 +0100

Renzo Comolli

> In
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-10/msg00187.html
> Nick Cox mentions that there are people offering paid
> private consultancy
> for Stata programming.
>
> I would like to know how to find these people. I tried
> Google, but obvious
> searches return hundres of thousands of links, all of which
> are irrelevant
> (tipically universities Stata support services).
>
> I searched StataList to no avail.

Not quite. I just said there were differences between
list activity, unpaid private consultancy and paid
private consultancy, which is essentially a matter
of definitions.

That said, Stata Corp website used to have a page
naming (without endorsing) people who were willing
to do paid consultancy. As far as I can recall, that
list only ever included one person; but it no longer exists.
I have no idea whether that's because that person is no
longer offering or for some other reason.