st: Re: Win XP and Stata--was Stata for windows

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Win XP and Stata--was Stata for windows
Date   Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:50:41 -0500

Elizabeth Allred ([email protected]) asks about Stata not
starting under Windows XP:
> That being said...on to the Win XP problem mentioned a few weeks ago. To
> quote Ben Jann: "The problem is as follows: Sometimes, Stata cannot be
> started up. To be precise, Stata actually starts up (i.e. wsestata.exe
> is listed under "Processes" in windows task manager and windows cannot
> be shut down before wsestata.exe is terminated manually) but no Stata
> windows  appear..."
>
> Any ideas/solutions for this out there. Some days I have to reboot 3 or
> 4 times before I can get Stata to start up correctly.

Unless Elizabeth is encountering a problem that is different than
Ben encountered, this was solved as of the September 9, 2003 update.