Re: st: RE: Graph problem

From   [email protected] (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Graph problem
Date   Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:50:31 -0500

Philip Ryan <[email protected]> comments on the Fred Wolfe's
<[email protected]> syntax error in -graph box- that led Stata to
crash,

> I, however, wish to take up Nick's point about the unduly harsh
> consequence of Fred's missing comma.

Indeed.  Stata should NEVER crash.

This problem (or at least a problem with the same root cause) was reported by
another user to Stata Technical Services <[email protected]> late last
week and we have someone working on it.  The problem is independent of
operating system and leads to crashes under both Windows and Linux.  It turns
out the cause of the crash is a bit subtle, but rest assured as soon as we are
comfortable with a fix and have it certified that it will be made available in
an update.

-- Vince