Re: st: RE: bug in outreg: minus instead of parenthesis

From   Nicholas Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: bug in outreg: minus instead of parenthesis
Date   Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:49:24 -0400

At 03:59 PM 10/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Oleksandr Shepotylo

> I used outreg to report the results in Excel file.
> Specifically i typed:
>
> outreg using filename, comma
>
> It works fine but when the coefficient is not statistically
> sighnificant it
> gives "-" in t statistics instead of ( ). And later when I
> tried to edit the
> table in Excel I could not fix it.
> How can I fix this bug?

Bugs in -outreg-: contact the author, or make
a copy of the program and fix it yourself.
(However, I don't know whether John Gallup is still
maintaining -outreg-.)

I believe this might be a feature; I *think* the idea is that in, say, Microsoft Excel, you can import the output from -outreg-, and then choose a display format that displays negative numbers in parentheses.

-Nick Winter

Nicholas Winter 308 White Hall
Assistant Professor t:607.255.8819
Department of Government f:607.255.4530
Cornell University [email protected]
Ithaca, NY 14853-7901 falcon.arts.cornell.edu/nw53
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/