st: Re: desmat

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: desmat
Date   Sat, 27 Sep 2003 07:09:42 -0400

On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Michael wrote:

As far as I can tell, Mr. Grote's question has not previously been
answered. I initially ran into the same problem with desmat and Stata
8. The problem was that I was using an out-of-date version of -desmat-.

- -net search desmat- does *not* display the most recent version.

- -ssc describe desmat- does display the most recent version of desmat.

Not so. net search desmat reveals four references to the STB (STB 52, 54, 59 and 61) and then displays three 'external' references, the first of which is desmat on ssc. The net search command has always worked this way. It is often the case that a program described in the STB or SJ has been updated since publication (even if updates have appeared in STB/SJ). It is my hope that package authors will ensure that if they have material in SSC, they keep the latest version there (even if they also provide it from their own site).

Thanks
Kit
SSC archive maintainer

*