st: Re: Installing lean schemes (gr0002)

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Installing lean schemes (gr0002)
Date   Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:46:45 -0500

Eric G. Wruck ([email protected]) asked about using user-written
schemes:
> I wanted to try Svend Juul's (Stata Journal, Vol. 3, No. 3) lean
> graphics schemes & found them by typing <lookup lean1>.  I clicked on
> "click here to install" but the schemes weren't subsequently listed in
> the scheme pull-down menu.  Am I supposed to d o something else or how
> can I use them?  I'm on an Apple G4 machine (OS X.2.6).

and Nick Cox ([email protected]) replied

> . set scheme lean1

The names of the schemes in the drop-down menu are currently hard-coded.
Additional schemes will not appear in the drop-down menu until we add
logic to Stata to be able to find them and append them to that menu.

In the meantime, as Nick said, you can set the scheme with
-set scheme-.  If you wish to always use the new scheme, you can
-set scheme ..., permanently-.  You can also use the -scheme()- option
on any individual graph command:

   . scatter mpg weight, scheme(lean1)

--Alan
([email protected])