Re: st: post estimation commands and tests for oprobit and nbreg

From   Shahbaz Ali Sheikh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: post estimation commands and tests for oprobit and nbreg
Date   Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:09:13 -0400

Hi all,

I am using the ivreg estimation in one of my models but I don't know if there
is a way to apply a different restriction on the dependent variable and the
instrumented variable. For example, if

 Y1=b1X1+b2X3+e and
 Y2=a1Y1+a2X2+e

and if I need to restrict Y1 say to only poorly performing firms but want to
run the second stage with full sample, is there a way to specify while using
the ivreg command in STATA one if[poor performers] condition to the first
part and other if[all firms] condtion to the second part? Using a dummy for
poor performers only does not quit do the job.

Right now the syntex is

 ivreg Y2 X2 (Y1=X1 X3) if [exp]

and STATA applies that condition to both Y2 and Y1 samples.

 Thanks
Shahbaz

PhD Candidate
Brandeis International Business School