st: Nonlinear Least Squares Problem

From   "Dale W. Larson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Nonlinear Least Squares Problem
Date   Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:04:29 -0400

Dear Stata Users:

I am a fairly new Stata user who is trying to do nonlinear least squares.

I am using Version 7.

I successfully set up the problem by writing the nlfcn program as a do-file.

When I try to run the regression, I get a message such as:

           . nl nonlinear averagem1
__000057 not found
could not restore sort order because variables were dropped
r(111);

I don't know what __000057 is.  It is not anything I have deliberately created.

Each time I rerun the regression,  the thing "not found," e.g., __000057 above,
changes to a different number.

I have not "dropped" any variables from the data set.

Please, what is going on and how can I fix it?

Many thanks.

Dale