Re: st: RE: removing prefix

From   Ernest Berkhout <[email protected]>
To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: removing prefix
Date   Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:28:30 +0200

renpfix a_ will of course only work once, as you can't have multiple variables with the same name. You want either of the following two options:

1) use a loop with the help of -foreach- around the commands that you want to act on multiple variables.
2) use -reshape- . Read the manual for more information. Take advantage of the knowledge that in most cases a long data structure (all wave stacked 'on top' of each other, sharing the same variables) is more convenient than a wide datastructure (the one you have now, every wave needing its own new variables).

Ernest Berkhout
SEO Amsterdam Economics
University of Amsterdam

Room 3.08