Re: st: SP/RM[1,2] EMS

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SP/RM[1,2] EMS
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:34:41 -0500

OK.

Now I think I understand the syntax, and why Ken's command does what it correctly does. All terms prior to the slash without specified denominators are tested with the term after the slash. This is a little cryptic and depends on correctly grouping terms tested with the same denominator when issuing an ANOVA command. But it makes sense once you see it. I think the slash is like a shorthand for the lines used to separate the ANOVA tables

ANOVA y a b c/d tests each of a, b, and c, over d.
ANOVA y a/ b c/d tests a over error, and b and c over d
ANOVA y a/d b/d c/d is disallowed syntax

Right?

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/