Re: st: xlabels and graph with 2 y-axis

From   [email protected] (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xlabels and graph with 2 y-axis
Date   Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:22:58 -0500

There seems to be a 3-for-1 special on graphics buglets this week.  Veit Grote
<[email protected]> reports and Nick Cox
<[email protected]> confirms that -graph twoway- does not respect the
-xlabel(, valuelabels)- option when a graph is drawn with 2 y-axes.  The
-valuelabels- option is ignored and the values of the ticks are shown instead
of the associated value labels.

Veit Grote writes,

> [...]
> 2. Second problem: I am unable to display the labels of the x-axis?
> What is the trick? One desperate try was:
> [...]

To be clear, this only occurs when the graph has more than one y-axis.

I do not know of a workaround that will work in all cases, but not to worry,
the problem will be fixed in an ado-update available sometime tomorrow --
Friday the 22nd.

This ado update will also correct the other graphics buglets mentioned earlier
in the week with the exception of the singleton letters that would not print
using the -text()- option, as reported by Friedrich Huebler
<[email protected]>.  That fix will still be put out with an executable
update late next week or early the following week.

-- Vince