st: Stata vs. SPSS Tables

From   "Geoffrey D. Peterson" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata vs. SPSS Tables
Date   Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:47:01 -0500

I have been prepping my latest journal submission for the past week, and it
occurred to me that the ONLY thing that keeps me going back to SPSS on a
regular basis is that the tables in SPSS look far more polished than
anything I can produce in Stata. Considering that more and more journals in
my field are asking for "photo ready" tables, I find myself forced to use
SPSS in order to produce professional-looking tables. I have been a Stata
user for many years, but I find that I am forced dedicate more of my time to
SPSS for this function. I have even considered (Gasp!) switching to SPSS as
my primary statistical package for this reason alone...

Any thoughts out there? Am I missing something in Stata 8?

Geoff Peterson

-----
Geoffrey D. Peterson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Director, UW-Eau Claire Political Research Institute
200D Schneider Hall
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
O: 715-836-3641