st: Re: ivendog

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: ivendog
Date   Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:37:12 -0400

On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Dolores wrote:

Dear Statalist users,
I am having a problem with the ivendog command. After ivreg, I type ivendog
and I obtain the following:

invalid syntax

I have just updated Stata (version 9th August 2002).

Does anyone know the reason of this error message? Thanks a lot,

This error is caused by our use of
syntax [anything]
in the routine, which is not recognized in the original Stata version 7.

Are you *sure* that you have updated the executable? Many times people (especially Windows users confused by the filenames' default-missing filetypes) download the new executable, but have not actually done the file renaming that puts the new executable into effect. Do 'update query' and see if it actually has acquired the latest version 7 executable.

Kit

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/