Re: st: licens porblem

From   [email protected] (Shannon Driver, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: licens porblem
Date   Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:04:39 -0500

Lars Korsholm <[email protected]> wrote:

> we run xstata-se on a linux cluster. we have a 3 user licens.
> Ofter we get the following msg:
>
> Some other person or process is manipulating Stata's license file.
> You must save your data and exit; no other commands are allowed.
>
> has anyone see this before?
> has anyone a idea?
>
> I think ww only ordered the SE version
> but from the disk we installede both intercooled and SE
> which apperntly run fine together, otherwise.

There are a few rare conditions that might cause this, such as a script
overwriting the license file periodically.  Stata Technical Services will be
contacting Lars privately to help him resolve the issue.

--Shannon Driver