st: RE: Testing for endogeneity with ivreg2

From   "Steven Stillman (LMPG)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Testing for endogeneity with ivreg2
Date   Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:32:39 +1200

Jim,
You are 90% of the way to getting your endogeneity test.  As you state, HOLS
is the appropriate alternative for GMM IV.  To test for endogeneity in this
context, run the HOLS model with your suspect endogenous variable in the
orthog option.  So in your example the syntax would be:

ivreg2 y1 ( = x4 x5) x1 x2 x3 , gmm robust cluster(subjid) orthog(y2)

Steve

The information contained in this document is intended only for the
 addressee and is not necessarily the views nor the official
communication of the Department of Labour.  All final/official papers
which are sent from the Department will be sent by non-electronic
means, on appropriate letterhead, signed by authorised personnel.