Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: nested parameters

From   "Brian P. Poi -- StataCorp" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: nested parameters
Date   Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:19:32 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Paul

As Nick suggested, we can write your model as

   Y1t = a + h(Y2t - bXt)+cZt+et

       = a + hY2t + gXt + cZt + et

We can recover b as -g/h and then use the delta method to get the
standard error of b.  In Stata that is easy to do using the -nlcom-
command:

   regress Y1t Y2t Xt Zt
   nlcom -1*_b[Xt] / _b[Y2t]

-- Brian