st: please help me with noixlabel

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: please help me with noixlabel
Date   Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:38:04 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Statalist,

I am having a problem with making a bar chart. I consulted the graphics
manual and tried every combination I could think of, but it was all in
vain. I would be most grateful if someone could please help me out with
this.

The command I have been using is:

graph bar testscore, over(sex) over(race) by(age)

The problem I am having is that when Stata stacked the plots by age on top
of each other, the x axis in every single plot is labeled, which takes up
a lot of valuable room. I would like to only label the bottom plot (for
age=max(age)).

I tried using the "noixlabel" option like this:

graph bar testscore, over(sex) over(race) by(age, cols(1) ) noixlabel;

I also tried putting "noixlabel" in every place I could think of. The
problem with the graphics manual is that there is no example of how this
suboption can be implemented. Can someone please point me in the right
direction?

Thank you in advance for your help.

sincerely,
Dimitriy V. Masterov