st: RE: Newey2 R-squared

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Newey2 R-squared
Date   Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:44:13 +0100

John A Karikari

> The Newey-West procedure for IV estimation of panel data
> does not report
> the R-squared.  Please, how can I obtain the R-squared.  Thanks.

I note that there are many definitions of R-squared, or of beasts
supposedly of the same nature, and I would not want to say how far
they agree in this case.

However, one definition is presumably correlation between
observed and predicted, squared. So generate predictions
from your model and apply -correlate- or -regress-.