Re: st: Adjusted survival question for Mario Cleves or Bill Gould

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp.)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Adjusted survival question for Mario Cleves or Bill Gould
Date   Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:08:00 -0500

Hebe B. Quinton <[email protected]> writes:

> Below is a web site and the abstract about a comparison of methods for
> plotting adjusted survival.  I would be very curious as to what you think of
> this method, since adjustfor() in sts graph I think is doing the "average
> covariate method".  Is there any thought of implementing the alternate
> approach in Stata?

[...]

I'm not Mario or Bill, but we do tend to think alike on these things.

I've added this website to the list of things to consider for inclusion into
Stata.  Some questions that immediately come to mind are concern continuous
covariates.  Do you average over those values you have observed or do you
integrate over some assumed distribution?  Or is this method appropriate only
for discrete covariates?  If so, what do you do if someone indeed has
continuous covariates? ...

In any case, we'll take a closer look.

--Bobby