st: graphics, generally; also, error bars

From   Buzz Burhans <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: graphics, generally; also, error bars
Date   Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:22:40 -0400

I am just returned from a meeting at which I presented using graphics created in Stata 8; I would like to commend StataCorp for the tremendous flexibility and visual capabilities of Stata8 graphics. It is great!. Thanks for the effort that went into the new graphics, it was well worth the wait! The new graphics capabilities alone make the upgrade well worth the investment.

On other matters, as those who recall the earlier discussions of error bar graphics might expect, I am in agreement with the recent posts regarding the need for enhanced capabilities for error bars as raised again by Fred Wolfe. I would ask that if Stata is listening, the consideration be extended beyond bar graphs to time series vis a vis Paul Seed's "xtgraph" capabilities.

Mostly, I would like to again compliment StataCorp for the graphics capability. It is really nice and much appreciated.

Buzz Burhans

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/