Re: st: calling dll functions from ado code

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: calling dll functions from ado code
Date   Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:40:55 -0400

Thanks for your response - it will be a great feature and I look forward to
the new documentation.  I'd like to download the merror package, but
unfortunately my firewall blocks all of my net commands from inside Stata.
Does anyone know how I can obtain this package manually?

Thanks,
Chris

Assistant Economist
Banking Studies Function
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
(212) 720-1646

Chris Metli <[email protected]> asks about calling into DLLs from
Stata,

> I just read a Stata brochure that said it is possible to dynamically
> link C function libraries into Stata.  All I could find online was
> an abstract of a presentation at the UK Stata users meeting.  Does
> anyone know how to do this, or know where I can find more
> documentation?  Thanks.

The brochure is just the slightest bit ahead of development and
documentation.

As Kit Baum <[email protected]> noted, DLLs can be called from Stata and in fact
suite of commands to fit models to data with measurement error has been
implemented using DLLs, see http://www.stata.com/merror.  These commands
were
presented in a full-day seminar at the Stata User Group Meeting in Boston,
on
March 19th.

As we documented DLLs, it became clear that we wanted to make some final
changes to make using DLLs easier.  These changes were discussed at the
London
Stata User Group meeting on May 19th.  The changes are almost complete and
we
expect to have a web page documenting how to use DLLs with Stata up by the
first week in July.

-- Vince                       -- Bobby
   [email protected]             [email protected]