st: sample size estimation for kappa and power

From   Shiva Ghimire <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sample size estimation for kappa and power
Date   Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:04:46 -0400

I calculated the sample size required for a kappa test (to compare the
performance of a new lab test against the old one) in STATA using the
command "sskdlg". I realized however that the program does not allow me
to input the statistical power on which to base the sample size
estimation. As I am  testing the same samples by two test methods
(unlike two proportion comparison where samples come from different
populations), I am wondering whether I should not be worrying about
statistical power at all. Could someone please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Shiva Ghimire