st: RE: erros when calculating adaptive values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: erros when calculating adaptive values
Date   Mon, 26 May 2003 19:08:34 +0100

Yibing Wang

> Dear Statalisters,
>
> I am using the following program to estimate a
> bivariate conditional density:

> when I pass the data to the program by typing:
> bivkern y1950 y2000 band1 band2 size
> (y1950 y2000 band1 band2 size are variables in my
> data)
>
> execution goes well until calculating the adaptive
> values:
>
> (omitted)
> Calculating fk(x) number = 6060
> CALCULATING ADAPTIVE VALUES
> Calculating fk(x) number = 11
> __00000C not found
> r(111);
>
> It seems that variable names are missing when
> calculating adaptive values, but I have already
> specified all the varibales in tempvar, so what's
> going wrong here? Any help or advice is appreciated.

How many observations have you got?

P.S. You are using lots of variables to hold constants. That's
inefficient: use local macros instead.