st: Converting SAS files to Stata Files

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Converting SAS files to Stata Files
Date   Thu, 22 May 2003 13:38:44 -0700

Greetings
  Do you need to convert SAS files to Stata files?  If so, we would like
to invite you to visit our "new and improved" FAQ on this topic at
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/faq/sas2stata.htm .  In addition to
showing how you can do this manually or via Stat/Transfer, it also
describes how you can use a new SAS macro called "savastata" developed
by the good folks at the Carolina Population Center (see
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/computer/presentations/sas_to_stata/savastata.htm
l ) which really makes converting your SAS files to Stata into a snap.
  Also, if you are interested in longitudinal data analysis, we would
invite you to see the Textbook Examples we have for the recent book
Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis: Modeling Change and Event Occurrence
by Judith Singer and John Willett at
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/examples/alda.htm.  And, as always, we
welcome you to visit our web pages at http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/ .

Happy Computing,