st: tables from smcl

From   "Jesper B. Sorensen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: tables from smcl
Date   Fri, 23 May 2003 11:33:30 -0400

I would like to be able to accomplish the following and wonder if anyone has a utility for doing it:

I have a bunch of smcl logs containing regression results (about 10 per file, say). I want to create nicely formatted tables in something like word, so I would like to convert the results in the smcl files to something like the output generated by outreg. I.e., variable name, parameter estimate, standard error, and stars or the like for significance level in a comma-delimited file.

The obvious answer is to use outreg right after running the models. But the data sit on a machine with restricted (no external) access (on the other side of the Atlantic), so all I have is the smcl files (in electronic form, of course).

I am relatively indifferent as to the nature of the solution -- it can be pure Stata, a combination of Stata and perl or the like, etc. With some effort I can hack something together, but if others have tips or solutions, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jesper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesper B. S�rensen
Richard S. Leghorn (1939) Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Sloan School of Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E52-581
Cambridge, MA 02142