st: SV: Difficulty with -update

From   "Kaaresen Per Ivar" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: SV: Difficulty with -update
Date   Fri, 23 May 2003 15:40:07 +0200

Ikke sensitiv - Please ignore this message - due to in-house  security

I have had the same problem for some time - and still have. According to Stata Technical Support they have now found the problem associated with -update query- and they are planning to release an update to address this issue soon.

Regards

Per Ivar Kaaresen MD
University of Tromsoe
Norway

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Sayer, Bryan [mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 23. mai 2003 15:16
Til: '[email protected] '
Emne: st: Difficulty with -update

I suspect that the problem is on our end, but I want to check and see if
others are having a problem with -update over the past two days (5/22 and
5/23).

We can't run update (Stata 8 on Win2000), and this is what we get:

. update query
(contacting http://www.stata.com)
http://www.stata.com/updates3/up.cgi?s=1980524368&v=800&r=1 could not be
opened for read by