st: Re: console Stata on OS X?

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: console Stata on OS X?
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:49:26 -0400

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Reka wrote:

Does
anyone know
how I can get Stata 8 on OS X to startup without the gui?
Indeed, it seems to be difficult to use Stata in the same way I can on any other *nix platform: if in Terminal I type

./StataSE -b do foo

It does not terminate the app, but wants to put up a dialog stating that the do-file has completed, and output has been placed in...

This makes it very hard to automate the use of Stata on OS X. Annoyingly, executing Stata from the console does not respond to the '-h' (help) option. On other *nix, stata invokes the console version, while xstata invokes the GUI version.

Kit

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/