Re: st: factor analysis/gllamm

From   Sophia Rabe-Hesketh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: factor analysis/gllamm
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:48:45 +0100

Dear Heidi Gjertsen,

you can easily do confirmatory factor analysis
with mixed responses in gllamm. You can also
obtain factor scores using the prediction command:

gllapred score, fac

However, I would not recommend adopting the
two-stage approach you suggest, i.e. first
deriving factor scores and then using them
as an explanatory variable in a regression.
Problems with this approach have recently
been pointed out by

Skrondal and Laake (2001). Regression among
factor scores. Psychometrika 66, 563-576.

Instead, I would use a structural equation
model in which the factor is an explanatory
variable in the regression model of interest.

Please email me personally if you need help
with setting up the models.

The latest version of gllamm is available
from

http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/IoP/Departments/BioComp/programs/gllamm.html

Best regards,

Sophia