st: "for...: graph" question

From   "Cathy L. Antonakos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: "for...: graph" question
Date   Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:47:49 -0500 (EST)

I am printing graphs for temperature data collected at multiple time
points. One graph for each person in a data file. It's a two way graph.

I managed to create one graph per person using

for num=1001/1011: graph temp order if id==X ... etc.

However, if the subject id is completely missing from the file,
the graph still prints (empty) for that person.

I tried to include "if order~=." after the "graph" command
(e.g., to skip cases with missing data on one or
the other variable). It didn't work.

Is the problem that the case simply doesn't exist in the file,
so there is no data to operate on to figure out whether a
variable is missing or not?

If I embed a blank record within the file for any subject who
is missing data and who falls within the series from 1001 to 1011,
will that enable me to override with an "if order~=." statement
in the "graph" command?

How would I do this?

Suggestions welcome. I am a fairly new Stata user, so the simpler
the suggestion, the better. Thanks.

Cathy