Re: st: RE: Stata -list-

From   Edwin Leuven <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata -list-
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:12:26 +0100

> I have tried the graphs and like I noted before, they are a little slow
> (may be too slow if you regulary work with graphs)

for me they are not "a little slow", they are crawling and pretty useless in
my opinion because graphs can no longer be used in a reasonable way to
explore the data:

. hist wage
(bin=56, start=0, width=391.39286)
r; t=43.78 12:03:54

luckily old graphs are still there:

. gr7 wage, his bin(50)
r; t=0.36 12:04:08

i think these timings are pretty shocking

> however, when they finally come, they are well worth the wait.

if you have the time or patience, perhaps

Ed.