st: RE: Stata -list-

From   "Ronnie Babigumira" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata -list-
Date   Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:20:03 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Ronan Conroy
Sent: 2. mars 2003 17:47
To: statalist hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Stata -list-

So, er, anyone tried any other features of Stata 8 apart from -list- ?

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected])
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764)

--------------------

Ronan, that sounds like a shotgun bullet into a tree. You will get lots of
birds flying towards you and all over the place (there ends my shot at
humour).

I have tried the graphs and like I noted before, they are a little slow (may
be too slow if you regulary work with graphs) however, when they finally
come, they are well worth the wait.

I work with small data sets (less that 5,000 observations) and so far no
problem. As a matter of fact I have no issue with the list command in
stata8.

The other stuff I do (data management and some econometrics) are
considerably much faster stata8. Seperate and smaller manuals for my areas
of interest are an added plus (survey and cross-sectional time series).

Updates are on a roll, so as bugs show up they get fixed.

And the icing on the cake is that I can keep up with Nick C's additions to
stata my collection of "how to work smarter with stata" (many of his
contributions are now based on stata8 though ofcourse, he still offers
advice to users of lower versions).