st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #1143

From   Kathy Kessler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #1143
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:21:00 -0500

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 02:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:46:44 +0000
From: Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: question

on 29/01/2003 5:56 pm, Kathy Kessler at [email protected] wrote:

I am a linguist and a mac user doing research in psycholinguistics and
neuroscience, specifically electrophysiology. Most of my colleagues use
Statistica or SPSS. I would like to know if anyone doing research in
this or a related area has used Stata for OS X, and if so, whether you
would recommend it.
Can you describe the sorts of analysis you will be doing? Stata works
splendidly under OS X, and may well handle some sorts of linguistic data
better than SPSS or Statistica - such as multiple observations from the same
people or not all people observed under all conditions.

What sorts of things are you interested in doing?

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected])
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764)

- --------------------

We will be doing basic repeated measures MANOVA, with fairly complicated ERP data, using planned comparisons. I don't believe this is anything out of the ordinary, though I am fairly new to this type of analysis. From your comments, however, it sounds like this might be a good program to consider. Do you agree?

Kathy Kessler
Program in Linguistics
The Graduate School and University Center
The City University of New York
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016-4309

* For searches and help try: