st: RE: Idenity of entitiy at pctile value

From   "Schonlau, Matthias" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Idenity of entitiy at pctile value
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:30:54 -0800

May be missing values are treated differently ?

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Hunter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 4:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Idenity of entitiy at pctile value

A very rudimentary question:

I want to identify the entity that corresponds with the 90th percentile
for area.

I have performed _pctile, and generated a new variable based on the
result of _pctile. I have then used tabstat to identify the entity
corresponding with the p90 for area. That's fine. I get an answer,
including the value of p90 for area (902720)

I also tried rtab, with the following results:

49.	909860	1	0.20	90.34
50.	908485	1	0.20	90.14
51.	906000	1	0.20	89.94
52.	902720	1	0.20	89.74
53.	901632	1	0.20	89.54

The tabstat result of 902720 appears to be discrepant with the result of
rtab.

I would be grateful if someone could explain.

Many thanks

Rod Hunter
Hunarch Consulting