st: -db- suggestion

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   StataList <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -db- suggestion
Date   Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:51:35 -0000

At the moment in Stata 8.0 :

. db

- without any arguments gives an error. Does anyone else think it would be great if it brought up the last dialog box instead?
(Sometimes the name of this is is not quite the same as the name of the last command, e.g. -db ttestby- is not the same as -db ttest-, which gives you a list to choose from in the Viewer - I'd wish to always get the last dialog box straight away.)

Alternatively, some way of stopping the dialog box closing when you click 'OK' - I know X-Windows has pushpins that do this, but I think maybe in MS Windows dialog boxes either always close on OK or always don't ?? - the latter means you can easily end up with far too many dialog boxes around at the same time (anyone else used Genstat for Windows?).

(I've no idea what Macs do - probably better than MS Windows, of which I'm no great fan but I don't have the choice...)

Just an random idea - at present pulling down the same menu, submenu, and sub-submenu again to get the dialog box back and have another look at the available options can get a little tiresome..

Roger.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/