Re: st: question

From   Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
To   "statalist hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: question
Date   Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:46:44 +0000

on 29/01/2003 5:56 pm, Kathy Kessler at [email protected] wrote:

> I am a linguist and a mac user doing research in psycholinguistics and
> neuroscience, specifically electrophysiology. Most of my colleagues use
> Statistica or SPSS. I would like to know if anyone doing research in
> this or a related area has used Stata for OS X, and if so, whether you
> would recommend it.

Can you describe the sorts of analysis you will be doing? Stata works
splendidly under OS X, and may well handle some sorts of linguistic data
better than SPSS or Statistica - such as multiple observations from the same
people or not all people observed under all conditions.

What sorts of things are you interested in doing?

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected])
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland