Re: st: Another Graph Question

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Another Graph Question
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:31:35 +0900

Barleywater wondered how to check whether a PC had Windows 98 or Windows 98 SE
installed.

----------------------------begin excerpt-----------------------------------

i have just checked on the window properties, it merely said that it is window 98 there is
no se or second edition note next to it. how can i ascertain whether my window is w98se
or w98?

------------------------------end excerpt-----------------------------------

If what Barleywater means by "window properties" is what was got from right-clicking on
the My Computer icon and examining the "System" information on the "General" tab,
then the PC has Windows 98, not Windows 98 SE, since Special Edition will be
displayed just beneath Windows 98 if the latter.

I believe, however, that Barleywater can download gratis from Microsoft's website the
features that make up the difference between Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE.  I don't
know whether this includes the upgrade of the clipboard to EMF, however.  Regardless,
I strongly recommend that Barleywater go ahead with the requisition; the features in
Release 8 are certainly worth it even if it requires saving graphs in encapsulated
Postscript files for importing into Word 97.

Joseph Coveney