st: correct use of strel command

From   "Rapson, Tracey" <[email protected]>
To   "'[email protected].'" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: correct use of strel command
Date   Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:45:25 -0000

Dear All,

Apologies if this is a rather dim question, we are beginners in stata!

Perhaps someone can help us, we are trying to use the strel or strel2
function to give us relative survival for prostate cancer patients but keep
getting an error.

The command we are using is as follows:

replace ageexit=ageexit+0.0001 if aadx==ageexit
stset ageexit, f(status) origin(aadx)
save, replace

strel2, br(0[0.1667]1[0.25]3[0.5]) using("d:\diane\onssurv\lifetmp2.dta")
mergeby(period sex age) group(1) continue

and the error that comes up is:

<=3 invalid name

(The error is the same when we use strel).

I would be very grateful if anyone can help us with this.

Thank you.
Tracey.

Tracey Rapson
Scottish Cancer Intelligence Unit
Room C043, ISD Scotland
Trinity Park House, Edinburgh EH5 3SQ
Tel: 0131 5518998 Fax: 0131 5518998

Common Services Agency Disclaimer

The information contained in this message may be confidential
or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this message in error or there are any
problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.