Re: st: Price for Stata8 with GradPlan

From   [email protected] (William Gould, Stata)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Price for Stata8 with GradPlan
Date   Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:43:20 -0600

Renzo Comolli <[email protected]> asked,

> I bought Stata7 intercooled with GradPlan in the last 3 months, I would like
> to know how much it costs to upgrade.  (I saw your educational prices, but I
> hope GradPlan prices are lower).  I could ask you this privately, but I
> guess there are other interested people on StataList.

Yes, there is a special on that, too, because of how the GradPlan was
redesigned.  Basically, you will pay only the cost of shipping for your
software purchase.

I think it would be best if individual price questions were sent to
<[email protected]> rather than the list.

I mentioned prices in my original post because I knew everyone would be
interested in generally how much the upgrade costs.  I then updated my posting
because I wanted to emphasizes Stata's policy that, when an upgrade ships,
recent purchasers are not harmed:  They pay only the difference between how
much they would have paid had they waited and how much they actually paid.

We have applied those rules in setting all of our prices.  Applying those
rules, I admit, can be confusing in particular cases, but our sales staff are
ready to answer all such questions.

I personally have no objection to discussing prices, but I suspect other
list members would prefer the discussion be limited.  Question the policy,
or question a particular application of the policy if you think it has
been applied incorrectly, but let's not discuss each individual price.

-- Bill