st: Stat/Transfer Version Seven

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stat/Transfer Version Seven
Date   Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:26:26 -0800

Stat/Transfer Version Seven will ship the second week in January. Yes, you can run both Stat/Transfer Six and Seven on the same machine and we will support both versions.

Stat/Transfer will now read and write the following new file formats:
Stata Version Eight
SAS Version Nine
Systat for the Macintosh

In addition, Stat/Transfer Version 7 will handle fixed format ASCII files.

Stat/Transfer will read and write Fixed format ASCII with a Stat/Transfer Schema file. The Schema file can contain definitions for value labels, variable labels and missing values.

Stat/Transfer Version 7 will write fixed format ASCII data files accompanied by programs that will read the data into popular statistical packages. These are:

Fixed format ASCII with a SAS program
Fixed format ASCII with a SPSS program
Fixed format ASCII with a Stata program

New Capabilities and Changes

Support for extended (.A - .Z) missing values in SAS, Stata and ASCII
Support for value labels for string variables
Automatic optimization of output types is now the default.

It is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and popular Unix platforms.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/