st: RE: Stopping rules for multiple looks at data

From   "Moran, John (NWAHS)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stopping rules for multiple looks at data
Date   Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:43:12 +1030

For offerings in Stata see all the survival goodies at

Wim van Putten       (putten@@stah.azr.nl)
Ron van der Holt     (holt@@stah.azr.nl)
Wilfried Graveland   (graveland@@stah.azr.nl)

Dept of Statistics
Erasmus Medical center
Erasmus MC - Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center
http://home.planet.nl/~wimvanputten

In Stata

Net from "http://home.planet.nl/~wimvanputten";
Net describe wgmiscel

 Wilfried Graveland
      Dept of Statistics, Erasmus MC
      Rotterdam, The Netherlands
      email: [email protected]
      Programs on interim analysis:
      interim       simulate studies under several true state conditions and
specified timepoints of
                      interim analysis. After simulation the stopping
probabilities of several stopping
                      criteria can be calculated by using afterinterim.ado
      afterinterim  obtain stopping probabilities of several stopping
criteria for studies
                      simulated by interim.ado
      monitor       Program for monitoring a study: calculates stopping
probabilities for given sign. levels
      survdes       A sequential design graphic for a survival endpoint in
which the logrank-statistic
                      is plotted by the information. The borders are found
by a sequential nominal test.

For things not in Stata: besides East200 and the package at David deMets
home site (referred to by other posters),  there are a couple of S+
offerings (S+Sequential as an add on, very expensive) and S-Plus routines
from John Lawrence at FDA, Divison of Biometrics I, Rockville Maryland (J
Lawrence. Designing group sequential trials with survival endpoints. Drug
Inf.J. 36:9-15, 2002)

John moran
[email protected]