st: multiple imputation using STATA

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: multiple imputation using STATA
Date   Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:33:58 EST

Hi all.  I am a fairly new STATA user who is determinedly trying to finish my
dissertation.  I have uploaded the hot deck add on and at this point (ever
changing) plan to do hot deck multiple imputation based upon the advice of
the statistician on my committee.  In trying to think about the ramifications
of using this method, being that I am also a novice to multiple imputation, I
had some questions after reading about the disadvantages.  I am concerned
about the time intensiveness of testing models for each dataset separately
and recombining the model results into one summary model.  In addition to the
time intensiveness, I wondered if any of you out knew more about summary
methods that might be available in STATA?  I have read that summary methods
are generally available in most statistical software packages for linear and
logistic regression models but that work is still in progress to provide
statistically appropriate summarization methods for other models.  Has anyone
out there used these summary methods in STATA that might have some words of
wisdom? I will be using Poisson regression in my analysis and I wondered if
these summary methods were available for this type of regression modelling?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Beth