Re: st: multilevel analysis: cross-level interactions in gllamm

From   Sophia Rabe-Hesketh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multilevel analysis: cross-level interactions in gllamm
Date   Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:42:16 +0000

Hi Gerben,

By cross-level interactions, do you mean for example an
interaction between var2 and var3?
In that case, you need to form a new variable equal
to the product of the two and include that in the model:

gen var23 = var2*var3
gllamm var1 var2 var3 var23, i(group region) offset(ln_practice_size) allc

It's probably better if you use the 'adapt' option
for continuous responses.

Best wishes,

Sophia