st: svytab question

From   "Meghan L. Kalinich" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: svytab question
Date   Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:28:01 -0500

Dear Stata Users:

I am using the svytab command with (the the MEPS data set) and my
subpopulation is defined as children under 21.  When I tabulate one dummy
variable by age in 5-year categories, those categories corresponding to over
21 are being listed as zero (zero cells and zero marginals) as expected.
However this is preventing the test statistic from being calculated.  How can
I correctly correct estimate the test (using subpop() instead of the -if-) and
get the correct table (ie. ages > 21 should not print but I should get a
test-statistic).

Thank you for your assistance.

Meghan L. Kalinich
Research Assistant