st: RE: Importing Stata Log files

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Importing Stata Log files
Date   Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:30:14 -0000

Michael Ward

> I have a little utility, STATALOG, that converts Stata logs
> into tab
> delimitated files that could then be easily imported into a
> spreadsheet
> program for formatting.  However, after upgrading to
> Windows XP, this
> program no longer works (it won't load because it thinks I
> do not have
> enough memory).  I do not recall where I got this and have
> tried to search
> the web for the source.  Is there a new version or another
> way to do this?

I think this was written by Salaheddin M. Mahmud.
A Google search reveals several references:
all I tried lead nowhere. Very possibly this
was written only for (a) certain flavour(s) of Windows
and is no longer being maintained. That's a wild
guess based on no special knowledge of this program,
but on what often seems to happen in such cases.

But as with other recent questions on Statalist,
one possibility is to translate SMCL to HTML.

If you were interested in a TeX or LaTeX
solution, I guess you would not be asking
this question.