st: RE: Cumulative Distribution Function

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SD) (NASA)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Cumulative Distribution Function
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:43:07 -0500

Alison -

I'm afraid your question is not specific enough. What model are you running
to get estimates of your coefficients? What random variable do you want to
get the cdf and/or pdf for? What distribution does it have under the assumed
model? Do you want to evaluate this cdf/pdf as a function prescribed by your
model over a range of values, or do you want to compute an empirical cdf or
pdf from data?

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: Alison Wong [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 12:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Cumulative Distribution Function

Hi:

I have a problem of getting the cumulative distribution function (cdf)
and probability density function (pdf).  In particular I need to get the
cdf and pdf evaluated at the estimated coefficients (beta) and standard
errors (sigma).  I realize there are the "cumul" & "kdensity" command in
stata, but those only allows a single variable, but I have more than one
variable.

Does anyone have a better idea of how to get cdf or pdf?

Thanks.

Alison Wong