st: Error message for Extrname

From   "Pi, Ron" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Error message for Extrname
Date   Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:54:53 -0700

Dear all,

I recently switched to a new computer with Windonws 2000 NT (from Windows 95)and ran into couple minor problems. The first relates to extrname.ado. It doesn't work anymore, and gives the error message of r(198), as shown below.

. extrname name, all
invalid 'and'
r(198);

The second problem has to do with renaming file extensions. When I tried to update the Stata program files, I need to rename Wstata.exe to Wstata.old, but Windows Explorer won't let me touch the file extensions (and DOS is no longer available).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron Pi, Senior Research Analyst
Judicial Council of California
Administrative Office of the Courts