st: how to get a scalar value of the ... mode

From   Tarmo R�ty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to get a scalar value of the ... mode
Date   Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:29:35 +0300

Recently Roger adviced us on how to get a scalar value of the column sum
by

summ x
scal sidney=r(sum)

Works OK, for the most of the statistics, but I need the mode. After
short look on manuals, no funtion returns r(mode). Currently I'm using
egen and picking an observation from the created variable, but there
must be an easy way.

--
Tarmo R�ty
VATT (Government Institute for Economic Research)