st: Histogram with options

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Histogram with options
Date   Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:56:28 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,

I can never seem to get the histogram syntax quite right � have experimented
for ages with the syntax.  I would like to have the following features in the
histogram:

1. The variable has 8 categories, and I would like each category to be one
bin.  (Even when I include �bin(8)� in the syntax I get fewer bins sometimes).

2. Each bin should be labelled. (I have made value labels, but only the labels
for the bins at the extreme left and right appear, not the ones in the
middle).

3. The x axis should preferably not have any ticks.

4. The height of each bin shows the relative proportion of votes parties
received in a recent election (New Zealand).  I guess this means I should
include the "freq" option in the syntax?

5. The y axis should range from 0 to 50, with ticks at 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.

All tips appreciated.

Karin