[no subject]

From   Nazaria Solferino <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Date   Tue, 6 Aug 2002 06:40:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello! I'm a new Stata user and I'm not very good at
using it yet. I hope some one can help with my
problem. I've a large dataset, with some outliers, and
I'd like to manage variables, that I have, only in a
restricted range(without dropping observations) I've
thought I could give a zero value to all veriables
outside a certain range so I mean I should generate a
newvar=oldvar then replace newvar=0 if outside the
range. First, is this a sattistical correct procedure?
Second, if it's correct, how coukld I realize that
with stat without find each interval with centile
command for each variable, but realize a general
program that I can apply to each variables?
Thank you for your attention.

Scarica il nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: con webcam, nuove faccine e tante altre novit�.
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.messenger.yahoo.com/